This is why it's so amazing:
- no through traffic - on a dead end rough track off a private cobbled road.
- Peak Forest Canal right at the back - one of the networks prettiest. Towpath newly upgraded as a national wheelchair route.
- Quiet - apart from the odd goose honk.
- 2 minutes walk from Furness Vale station, from where you are 20 minutes from Buxton and about 40 from Manchester.
- 20 minute walk to Whaley Bridge (The Shepherds, Memories of India, Tescos) or New Mills (High St Books, Bryans butchers, Potts Bakers and the Swizzells Matlow sweet factory).
- Within 15/20 minutes drive- the Goyt Valley, Chapel en-le Frith, Chinley, Glossop, Disley, Lyme Park, Macclesfield, Hayfield and all the beautiful High Peak.
- Furness itself has a little shop, Post Office, brand new chippy, social club, Soldier Dick (for sale) and The Crossings - excellent community pub.
- animals I've seen since being here - ducks, moorhens, geese, herons, kingfishers, nuthatches, bullfinches, wrens, goldfinches, blue tits, coal tits, woodpeckers, jays, rabbits, foxes, badgers, llamas, alpacas, frogs, toads, sheep cows, horses, ponies, bats...
- 2 beds, loft conversion where Crab Lane Crew was created, garden (with veg patch) at front, shed with deck (on top) at the back, and this-
It's on with Rowcliffes of Whaley Bridge at £135,000. Search for 7 Lake View, or 2 bedrooms in furness Vale. Why not book a viewing?
Here it is on Google Earth - look for the end of Calico Lane.