Friday 17 October 2008

Pension Plans

Any opinions on my brilliant idea? (Dad, you'll probably have something to say about it!)-
Buy original comic and illustration art instead of gambling it on a pension scheme. Stick to classic 20th Century material like Scarry, Crumb, Shulz -


this went for £304 last week - extreme bargain if you ask me-

or Charles Addams, currently on eBay here - a lot more expensive but I honestly think an excellent investment -


PLUS you'll have beautiful artwork to enjoy, until you decide to part with it and buy a barn and orchard.

I'm an idealist I know.

3 comments:

Mike said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mike said...

Ah, good ol' Charlie Schulz. Back in the 70s, when I was about ten or eleven, I had a major Peanuts obsession. So I decided I would write to him in the USA (I can't remember where I got his address from) to see if I could get some sort of sketch. I conscientiously included a couple of International Reply Coupons so that he wouldn't be out of pocket.

A couple of months later I got a letter in the post with a US postmark. Result. Uh-uh, wrong. Inside were a pair of A5 standard printed picures of Charlie Brown and Snoopy and the IRCs. The great irony, and an irony that didn't even escape me at that early age, was a recent run of Peanuts strips in which Charlie Brown wrote to one of his idols and got 'a form letter' in response. Life imitating art imitating life. I eventually forgave him.

Pete Medway said...

I counting on the batch of original Medways I've put by over the years. And I'll expect an original mural in the barn.
Dad